The Scoop on Privacy
Air Mail takes your privacy seriously. Our goal is to give you a great digital experience while at the same time protecting your personal information. The formal legal language is below, but here's the scoop: We don't sell any of your information for any reason. We try to limit the amount of personal information that we take from you. And we use the information that we do collect and process—from you and about you—only to make Air Mail a better, faster, and richer experience for you and the Air Mail community. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Information Collection
A. Information You Provide
We collect information at certain points when you use the Service, including when you create an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in any communities, or contact customer support. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect information. The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). We do not collect any information about you that you do not knowingly provide.
Some examples of information you may provide are:
- Contact data, including your first and last name, and e-mail address.
- Account credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication.
- Demographic data: this is general information that tells us something about you but that doesn't identify you specifically, such as the state you live in or your gender.
- Billing data, including your credit- or debit-card number, card expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Profile data: this is information about your interests, including feedback you give us regarding what you like (and don't like).
- Content, including information contained within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Service.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect certain non-personal information when you use the Service. Some examples of information we automatically collect are: website-use data, including data about the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the time of day you browse or review the e-mails, and your referring and exiting pages; and device-connectivity data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device's operating software, your Internet-service provider, your device's regional and language settings, and imprecise location data (such as locations derived from an I.P. address or data that identifies you at a city or Zip Code level).
We use certain technologies to automatically collect this information ("Tracking Technologies"), which may include the following:
- Log files, which automatically record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features.
- Pixels (also known as Web beacons), which is code embedded in a website, video, e-mail, or advertisement that sends information about your use to a server. We may incorporate pixels from third parties that allow us to track advertising and other engagement with the Service, bring you advertising, and provide you with additional functionality that you may use, such as the ability to connect our Service with a social-media account.
- Location-identifying technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, G.P.S., Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth may be used to gather precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device's location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location. We do not collect this data without your express consent.
You may always opt out of any or all of these Tracking Technologies (although we may not be able to customize content or advertising for you in that case). For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the "Third Parties" and "Your Rights and Choices" sections below.
3. Use of Information
- Manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, including processing and fulfilling your purchases.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and to provide better customer service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities on the Service.
- Improve the Service or other Air Mail websites, marketing efforts, products, and services.
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
4. Sharing of Information
- Service Providers: We share information about you with our agents, vendors, and other service providers (collectively "Service Providers") in connection with their work on our behalf. Service Providers work with us to make the Service better and faster and include services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using information about you for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Partners: We share non-personal aggregated information with partners and advertisers to describe how an advertising campaign performed or how our subscribers responded to a promotion or re-published content. We do not share your personal information with any of our partners.
- Facilitating requests: We share information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests or enabling enhancements, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service.
- Merger or acquisition: We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and compelled disclosure: We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national-security or law-enforcement requirements. We also share information, if necessary, to protect the rights, property, life, health, security, and safety of us, the Service, or any third party.
- Consent: We may share information to fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) with third parties except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the "Your Rights and Choices" section below.
5. Third Parties
A. Third Party Services
B. Third Party Features
We use certain third-party providers to analyze the performance of our Service and various parts of it. As a result, our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by third parties that perform certain analyses. While these Tracking Technologies may collect data about your use, we do not use this data to identify who you are or to target you with advertising or specific marketing.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the "Information Collected Automatically" and "Your Rights and Choices" sections.
6. Your Rights and Choices
A. Account Information
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set out in the "Contact Us" section below and specifying your request. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and pixels: Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track: Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to online services you visit. Note, however, that there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to "Do Not Track" signals or other mechanisms. For more information on "Do Not Track," visit allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies, some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
You can opt out of receiving e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the "Unsubscribe" link, or by e-mailing us at the e-mail address provided in the "Contact Us" section below. Be sure to include the words "OPT OUT" in the subject field of the e-mail.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address, device, and phone number used on your profile and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or subscriptions tied to other contact information.
D. Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law permits customers in California to request certain details about how specific types of their personal information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties' and affiliates' own direct-marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers with certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt into, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
Air Mail will not share personal information as defined by California's "Shine the Light" law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties' and affiliates' own direct-marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please contact us as set out in the "Contact Us" section below. Requests must include "California Privacy Rights Request" in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and Zip Code. Please note that Air Mail is not required to respond to requests made by means other than the provided e-mail address or postal address.
The Service is intended for a general audience and is not directed at children under thirteen (13) years of age. Air Mail does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Air Mail has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as set out in the "Contact Us" section below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
8. Data Security
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
9. International Transfer
11. Contact Us