The Maison Lacloche was a family business comprised of four brothers of Belgian origin. Founded in 1892, in Spain, its importance began in 1901, when a branch was established on the Rue de la Paix. Producing jewelry of astonishing luxe, beauty, and subtlety, Lacloche was soon stiff competition for Cartier. Fashionable women were showy in the use of their elegant Lacloche compacts. And the bracelets, the tiaras, oh so coveted. The house closed in 1967, but has never been forgotten by those in the know. L’Ecole now shines the spotlight on the glory of Lacloche. —L.J.
L'École, School of Jewelry and Arts 31 Rue Danielle Casanova, 75001 Paris, France Get Directions »